The promotions of Wazir might be done with but we’re still pretty hungover on Aditi Rao Hydari’s perfectly blended style. With modern elements on desi outfits and an abundance in the usage of bold prints, stylist Sanam Ratansi has played all her cards right to nail fusion dressing to the T. From quirky combinations of boyfriend jeans and kurtas and statement jhumkas that will give you some major wedding season inspiration, here are a few style tips we stole from Aditi to help all you girls who love channeling that desi touch into your modern day ensembles:
1. When we said jeans could be paired with anything, we meant it, literally. Aditi pairs her cropped boyfriend jeans with a waist clenched kurta and tribal-style hoops for an ensemble that’s easily doable by every fashion girl.
2. Don’t reserve those wrap around shirts for your printed pants. Style them up for a wedding with a printed maxi skirt in a quirky print to get an ensemble that’s all about the edge.
3. Pair up those anarkali jackets with a contrasting maxi dress for an outfit that you can easily switch from desi style to a night out at the bar – once you switch up those accessories, of course!
4. Take your skirt and tank top out for a grungy spin by simply slipping on a denim jacket. We love!
5. Aditi ditches the anarkali and adds a heavy dupatta to a fishtail style gown for some serious hemline action. Plus, those pretty pastels are uber classy!
6. Asymmetric cuts are in vogue and the only thing that’s better than some leg show is a bright and colourful print. We can’t stop crushing over how she manages to pull off a leather jacket over such a feminine ensemble!
7. One of the easiest ways to add a modern touch to a outfit is opting for a collared crop top with front buttons instead of the traditional back button style.
8. Basic 101 to nail fusion in any outfit is to opt for bolder and bigger motifs to add a little modernism to the look, and we think Aditi gets that just right with this outfit!